Catholics for Kerry

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Scorpion and the Duck

From the comment box:

>>>They are doing this to respond to Senator Kerry's call for unity.

But...

>>>From what I understand, neo-cons and the like, need not apply.

So much for that "unity".



A story is told about a scorpion who need to cross the river. He asked the duck to take him across on his back. "No way," said the duck. "If I carry you on my back, you'll sting me."

The scorpion replied, "But if I sting you, then we both drown and that wouldn't make any sense, would it?"

The duck thought for a moment. It did make sense. It was against the self interest of the scorpion to sting him. And the duck told the scorpion to hop on his back.

Halfway into their journey, the scorpion stung him. In pain, paralyzed and sinking, the perplexed duck asked, "Why did you sting me? Now we are both going to drown."

The scorpion replied, "I'm sorry but I'm a scorpion, that's what I do."

Moral of the story, don't carry scorpions, or in our present context, seeking unity among the divisive is counter-productive. It's a waste of time.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger David, at November 8, 2004 at 12:55 PM  

  • Then, how can there be "unity"?

    By Blogger David, at November 8, 2004 at 12:59 PM  

  • Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo tools[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known ways to generate an income online.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home